Lot #145 | Yak Herder At Mount Kailash
Yak Herder At Mount Kailash by Sergey Melnikoff, a.k.a. MFF
Camera Canon Mark II / 80mm Lens
- Size 19,7”x14,2” (50×36 cm)
- Acrylic plasticization thickness 5 mm
- Ready to hang | Ship in crate | Free shipping worldwide
- This artwork comes with an Honorary Plaque
- We accept cryptocurrencies. Write to us
- We provide a tax deduction certificate as a 501(c)(3) charity
- What is the quality of the photos taken by MFF with their unique cameras?
- Each MELNIKOFF artwork, which is available at our charity auction, maintaining its uniqueness and artistic value. Every piece is a one-of-a-kind treasure, accompanied by a certificate of authenticity personally signed by the author.
- By buying this artwork, you can make a meaningful contribution to the Mother Teresa Rehabilitation Center and help provide vital support to Ukrainian children who have lost limbs in the Russian-Ukrainian war.
- By producing acrylic glass photographs at our production facility in Kyiv, we gives you the chance to own an exquisite work of art by one of the most well-known photographers in the world, as well as a historical memento created in Ukraine during the war.
Current bid: $1,000.00
Mount Kailash is a sacred mountain located in the western part of the Tibet Autonomous Region in China. It is considered to be one of the holiest places in the world by four major religions: Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, and Bon. The mountain is believed to be the abode of Lord Shiva, one of the most important deities in Hinduism.
Kailash is also considered to be the center of the world, according to Hindu and Buddhist cosmology. It is believed that the mountain is surrounded by a ring of mountains, and that the gods reside on its summit. The mountain is also associated with the mythical Mount Meru, which is said to be the center of the universe in Hindu and Buddhist traditions.
Pilgrims from all over the world visit Mount Kailash to perform the Kailash Parikrama, a circumambulation of the mountain. The trek is considered to be one of the most challenging and rewarding spiritual journeys, and it is said to wash away one’s sins and bring about enlightenment.
The mountain has also been the subject of many scientific and archaeological studies. Despite its remote location, scientists have found evidence of human settlement in the region dating back to the Stone Age. There are also many ancient temples and monasteries in the area, some of which date back to the 9th century.
In addition to its spiritual and cultural significance, Mount Kailash is also a stunning natural wonder. The mountain rises to a height of 21,778 feet (6,638 meters), and is surrounded by glaciers and snow-capped peaks. The nearby Lake Manasarovar, one of the highest freshwater lakes in the world, is also a popular destination for tourists and pilgrims alike.
In conclusion, Mount Kailash is a unique and awe-inspiring place that holds great significance for people of many different faiths and cultures. Its spiritual, cultural, and natural importance make it a truly remarkable destination for anyone seeking a deeper understanding of the world around us.
There are no bids yet. Be the first!