Lot #108 | Sadhu
Sadhu by Sergey Melnikoff, a.k.a. MFF
Kathmandu, Nepal. 1996
Camera Pentax 67-II / 105mm Lens
- Size 15,7”x23,6” (40×60 cm)
- Acrylic plasticization thickness 5 mm
- Ready to hang | Ship in crate | Free shipping worldwide
- This artwork comes with an Honorary Plaque
- We accept cryptocurrencies. Write to us
- We provide a tax deduction certificate as a 501(c)(3) charity
- What is the quality of the photos taken by MFF with their unique cameras?
- Each MELNIKOFF artwork, which is available at our charity auction, maintaining its uniqueness and artistic value. Every piece is a one-of-a-kind treasure, accompanied by a certificate of authenticity personally signed by the author.
- By buying this artwork, you can make a meaningful contribution to the Mother Teresa Rehabilitation Center and help provide vital support to Ukrainian children who have lost limbs in the Russian-Ukrainian war.
- By producing acrylic glass photographs at our production facility in Kyiv, we gives you the chance to own an exquisite work of art by one of the most well-known photographers in the world, as well as a historical memento created in Ukraine during the war.
Current bid: $2,000.00
Looking for a unique and highly artistic piece to add to your collection? Look no further than the MELNIKOFF Gallery, where you can find an exceptional photograph of a Hindu saint captured by Sergey Melnikoff in Kathmandu, Nepal in 1996.
Taken with a Pentax 67-II medium format film camera, this photograph captures the essence of a sadhu – a religious ascetic or holy person – in stunning detail. Sadhus are a fascinating class of individuals, including renunciants of many types and faiths. They take vows of poverty and celibacy and depend on the charity of householders for their food, often living in monasteries or wandering alone or in small groups throughout the country.
The photograph in the MELNIKOFF Gallery’s collection depicts a sadhu in a way that is both powerful and deeply artistic. The image highlights the individual’s ochre-colored robe and matted hair, which are distinct characteristics of sadhus. It is a stunning example of the unique ethnographic collection that Sergey Melnikoff has been collecting all his life from the most remote corners of our planet.
Whether you’re a collector of fine art, an aficionado of ethnographic pieces, or simply appreciate the beauty of stunning photography, the MELNIKOFF Gallery’s collection is sure to captivate you. Add the Sadhu photograph to your collection, and experience the magic of this unique piece for yourself.
There are no bids yet. Be the first!